Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Elizabeth Report

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Ophelia12's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2003
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My Elizabeth came and I made a small Imagestation album of she and her colonial sisters. I also included a picture of Kailey and AGT21 dressed in Felicity's dresses--they look beautiful! Also, take a look at my colorless pre-Mattel Felicity--IMHO, the newer "high color" dolls are prettier (don't throw tomatoes at me, please :-)

    I LOVE Elizabeth! She truly is breathtaking, and the fanciest of my dolls. When I first saw that survey picture, I breathed a sigh of relief that I didn't like her. BUT, when the pictures of her "in real" came flooding in, I was smitten. The coral dress is really beautiful--not Barbieish at all. I love the delicate organza ribbon trim and the brocade panel with the silver threads. I also think the removable earrings are too cool! I haven't redressed her because she's just perfect the way she is.

    I think I'll go crazy waiting until Sept. 6 when the new stuff goes on the website!

    Whew! This is my longest post ever--thanks for reading.

    http://www.imagestation.com/album/in...?id=2122725944

  2. #2
    Inactive Member pajamarose's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 31st, 2004
    Posts
    265
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank you for the pictures. I really like being able to see each doll next to each other. [img]smile.gif[/img] Kailey looks really good in her colonial dress. The fan was a question and I think Elizabeth does a great job of holding it!

    Lea

    [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member PrincessRuthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,054
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for sharing! AGT 21 looks as lovely as ever. (Excuse me while I take the attention away from Elizabeth.) I just can't help it! I love AGT 21!!! Much more than Elizabeth-though Elizabeth is pretty, too, even if she doesn't have brown eyes and brown hair.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love the picture of Kailey as Elizabeth, I could do some side curls and maybe get some of the same affect, and then at least she does have the brown eyes.

    (I'd have to be sure to remove the diamond stud from her nose first though, see my earlier thread! [img]redface.gif[/img] )

  5. #5
    Inactive Member vew-tori's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,258
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Great pictures. Thanks for the album.

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love Kailey dressed as a colonial girl! I have never tried that I bet that Elizabeth's dress will look good on her too!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member dolldreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 20th, 2005
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hee-hee diana!!

  8. #8
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    Ophelia12, you could add some color to Felicity by using a pink blush on her cheeks and pink lipstick on her lips. Keep adding color and wiping it off with a tissue until you get the right shade. Makeup stains the vinyl.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member kitschywoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    394
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ophelia12, you could add some color to Felicity by using a pink blush on her cheeks and pink lipstick on her lips. Keep adding color and wiping it off with a tissue until you get the right shade. Makeup stains the vinyl.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I prefer to use acrylic paint thinned with paint extender for the lips and stenciling cream for the cheeks. Applied correctly, it's very hard to distinguish recolored dolls from their post-Mattel, high-color companions. Check out my formerly colorless PM Lissie...

    LissieHair2

    Felicity

    She's also been re-wigged. I got her off eBay, and her old wig just didn't look good, even after restoration.

    If you're dead set on using makeup instead of paint, I've heard that lip liner pencil works very well for adding cheek color.

    <font color="#051E50"><font size="1">[ August 06, 2005 08:37 AM: Message edited by: kitschywoman ]</font></font>

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ August 06, 2005 08:42 AM: Message edited by: kitschywoman ]</font>

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Shawniec's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2004
    Posts
    274
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Kitschywoman:
    I prefer to use acrylic paint thinned with paint extender for the lips and stenciling cream for the cheeks. Applied correctly, it's very hard to distinguish recolored dolls from their post-Mattel, high-color companions. Check out my formerly colorless PM Lissie...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have two PM dolls who are in need of some color (Felicity and Molly). I think I will try what you suggest - do you have any further advice on technique (especially for the cheeks)? Also, do you add a sealer on the lip paint?
    I have been taking pictures of my Molly (from a consignment shop) as we (DDs and I) have worked on her, and I will be posting an album, probably after my DDs get back to school in September.
    Thanks!
    Shawn
    Edited to add: Your re-wigged and restored Felicity is absolutely gorgeous!

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ August 06, 2005 09:00 AM: Message edited by: Jandjmom ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •